Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cut Out What's Useless

We're halfway through January, which means that many people have failed or given up on their New Year's Resolutions. I don't bother with them, so I'm safe. *cough*

One of my commitments for 2012 (which I made back in November, so they're not resolutions, right?) is to find better ways to interact with people and ideas online. It was very clear to me that I needed to spend more time writing (thus this site), spend more time reading technology and science related news, and to spend far less time on websites that were not aiding my personal and professional goals.

Today, I've cut a pointless part of my social life out. My challenge to myself? Pick up the fancy smartphone and dial some numbers. I will not rely on Facebook updates from my friends to know how they are, what they are doing, and how cute their kids are. I will spend real time talking to the people who matter. Not the 400+ "friends" I had, but the handful of them who actually matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment